Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
It is impossible to know what steps to take after a water damage event if you have never experienced one before. It is very likely that you will experience water damage to some extent at some point in your lifetime. Taking the time to prepare for that event can be very beneficial!
Knowing who to call after noticing signs of water damage in your home or business in Arlington, FL, is the first and most important step. A quick response to your water damage event can save your property from further damage.
While you wait for our SERVPRO team to arrive, check out our Water Damage Tips down below to learn more about some of the steps you can take!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 721-2230
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.